Posted on: 2019-06-02
Composing an essay is a dreaded task and we encounter this tough situation pretty often. Writing an essay is an inherent requirement for a scholarship, coursework, school college education, a class, or maybe even a contest, many students often find the task daunting and overwhelming. While an essay is a large project, there are many steps a student can take that will help break down the task into manageable parts.
Writing has been always been interesting since my childhood days. Composing a stand out essay posses its own challenges. We at Uno Assignment have students and professionals flocking in scores alike struggling to write an award-winning essay. Given below is the advice for such students and professionals. Once you adhere to these processes and keep in mind the other 4 elements for a stand out essay, rest assure accolades awaits you.
The process is the easiest way to draft a successful essay, whatever its purpose might be. We call it seven stage process and each one has to be independently crafted to be coherently linked in the end to give a purpose to the essay in the end.
1. Pick a topic and a suitable thesis statement.
Pause for a while choosing a topic if you are not provided for one. If you are given the topic, you should think about the type of paper that you want to produce. Should it be a general overview of the subject or a specific analysis?
Your method and topic also depend on your purpose. Let’s say you want to educate through essay then choose a topic that you are aware of and if you want to persuade then choose a topic that you are passionate about.
2. Prepare an outline or diagram of your ideas.
You must organize your thoughts before delving down to actually writing an essay. Note down the ideas on a piece of paper, making sure that the ideas are clearly linked. The structure of this linked idea forms the basis of your paper. Order the ideas to maintain coherency and storytelling. Remember the hierarchy of this idea yields compelling storytelling enthralling your reader to indulge till the end of it.
3. Revisit your thesis statement.
The thesis statement that you wrote initially now needs to be realigned as per the body of ideas. Your thesis statement will have two parts. The first part introduces the topic, and the second part states the point of the essay. For instance, if you were writing about Religion and its conflict with Science, an appropriate thesis statement would be, “Religion and its conflict with Science with latter having an edge, can former retain its past glory ?”.
4. Compose the body
The body of your essay argues, explains and describes the topic. Each main idea that you wrote in your diagram or outline will become a separate section within the body of your essay. Each body paragraph will have the same basic structure. Begin by writing one of your main ideas as the introductory sentence.
Next, write each of your supporting ideas in sentence format, but leave three or four lines in between each point to come back and give detailed examples to back up your position. Fill in these spaces with relative information that will help link smaller ideas together.
5. Write the introduction.
Once the body is done now its time to write the introduction of the topic. Remember the introduction is where you arouse the curiosity in the reader’s mind. You have to grab their attention generating ideas of their own, it can be similar or conflicting. You also have to conclude your thesis from where you began and hence it may become part of your ending statement.
6. Write the conclusion
The conclusion brings closure of the topic and sums up your overall ideas while providing a final perspective on the topic. Your conclusion should consist of three to five strong sentences. Simply review your main points and provide reinforcement of your thesis.
7. Add the finishing touches.
Check the order of your paragraphs. Your strongest points should be the first and last paragraphs within the body, with the others falling in the middle. Also, make sure that your paragraph order makes sense. If your essay is describing a process, such as how to make a great chocolate cake, make sure that your paragraphs fall in the correct order.
Review the instructions for your essay, if applicable. Many teachers and scholarship forms follow different formats, and you must double check instructions to ensure that your essay is in the desired format. Reread your paper and check to see if it is coherent and makes compelling storytelling.
In addition to the process that you should follow mentioned below is 4 basic element that you must retract while writing an essay to make it stand out. These 4 elements are copied from wiki methods to complete this perfect essay writing methodology. Remember that the process above clubbed with these 4 elements will make your essay enthralling for the readers. If you need any help with your essay or writing you can always rely on Uno Assignment Essay writers.
1. Choose an interesting essay beginning to grab the reader’s attention. The judges will likely have to read lots of other essays, so make yours stand out by immediately engaging them through your writing. When you’re writing your first few sentences, make them super interesting and actionable so that they make a strong impression.
2. Bring your essay to life by using lots of descriptive words. Whether you’re describing subjects, places, events, or things, it’s important to give them details so that the reader can picture them fully. Follow the saying, “Show, don’t tell” as you’re writing by using descriptions to create great mental images for your reader.
3. Have at least one incredibly original element of your essay, whether it’s funny dialogue, a breathtaking description of a place, or a fascinating and complex subject. Read your essay over and over again to find places where you can make a simple sentence even more interesting.
4. Format your essay so that it looks neat and professional. Type your essay so that it looks nice and neat, double-spacing it and making sure the margins are correct. When the judges open up your envelope to find a super flat or nicely folded essay without any smudges on the paper, they’ll think of you as a more professional writer.